Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ultramarathon Man

What if I told you that you had to run 50 marathons in 50 days? A marathon is about 42kms or 26 miles. Well that’s not all, after you have run these 50 marathons you have to run more? 3000 miles actually, back to your home...your reaction???

Now, would you believe me if I told you that there is a man on this planet who is already doing exactly all that I mentioned just now? He has finished his 50 marathons in 50 consecutive days, the New York marathon on November 5th was his 50th consecutive marathon, and now he currently running back from New York to his home in San Francisco. Oh and he has already covered about 540 miles in 12 days.

Name: Dean Karnazes - http://www.ultramarathonman.com/flash/
His daily blog including the 50 marathons in 50 days: ENDURANCE IS
Where is he today running from NY to SF? Here...
His book: Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner

Quotes:
"There is magic in misery."

"To me life is a struggle. If I'm not pushing myself, then I'm not happy," he says. "People think if we had every damn comfort available to us - if we removed all the struggle - we'd be happy. I think there's a lot of miserable people out there, and one of the reasons is, there's no struggle. They're taken care of every day. But I think there's a lot of happiness in suffering."

No comments: