Monday, August 20, 2007

Things just came rushing to me...

I was listening to the song 'Perfect Blue Buildings' by Counting Crows and that had the following lines:
...Down on Virginia and La Loma
Where I got friends who care for me...

Great song by the way but for some reason I went to Yahoo maps and put in 'Virginia and La Loma, Berkeley, CA' and there it was, the place showed up. Why did I put Berkeley? I think subconsciously I remembered that Counting Crows is a Berkeley based band and there was this other thing. I have lived on Virginia St. in Berkeley. My brother used to stay just a block away from Virginia and La Loma.


I checked it out and Adam Duritz the vocalist for Counting Crows is from Berkeley and the band started there. I have spent a lot of time in that area and have plenty of memories of Berkeley...things just came rushing to me...

No comments: