Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Bangalore Habba

...or should I say Bengalooru Habba! What the heck I still call Mumbai Bombay, anyway, the habba (meaning festival) is a really nice event that happens in Bangalore every year in December. It is usually about 10 days long and happens during the chilly December month which really reminds me of the Mood Indigo days from IIT...
This year’s Habba started on 30th November, you can check out the details on their web site.
Click Here...
Some really good plays are there this time and the usual thriving mix of Carnatic, Hindustani, Jazz and Rock music concerts are there. The arts and crafts display that used to be put up on M G Road has been shifted to somewhere near Cubbon park...


This is one of Habba posters this time and I found it really funny. Gallate means creating trouble, sort of rioting or danga. I bet he won’t have that wide smile when you see him at the Habba ;-)

No comments: