Saturday, October 31, 2009

Recent Books...

...read from the last few months. A quick update...

Istanbul - Orhan Phamuk
Well written but I put it down about half way. Slow pace and not really a story, more of a documentary.

Almost Single -Advaita Kala
Time pass book that I found quite enjoyable, even comes with a slight bollywood ending. Good book for doing some light reading on flights etc and finish off in a couple of sittings.

Family Matters - Rohinton Mistry

A really good book. Loved the style and the story. Slow book but has a steady pace and really just so well written that you won't mind the pace. Going to pick one more from him for sure...

Lee Child Novel's
Killing Floor - Really good. The first Jack Reacher book...

Nothing to Lose - Total crap!
The Hard Way - Average read, ok plot and pace.

Birds of the Indian Subcontinent -Grimmett, Inskipp, Inskipp

This is my birding book, thought I would list it here. Amazing book, a must have for people into birding...

Next reads:
White Tiger - Aravind Adiga
The Black Swan - Taleb

Lunatic in my Head - Anjum Hasan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Both White Tiger and The Black Swan are really good. I haven't completed Black Swan yet but its very interesting to me atleast.