Saturday, March 18, 2006

Kids...

As I was listening to the Dishwalla cd (read below) a lot of memories came flooding back. I had played the cd after a long time but a few years back I used to listen to this cd a lot and am really attached to the songs. Anyway, it (along with the other things going on these days) put me in a funk. But I had the perfect solution ;)

Spending time with kids, not the bratty ones but the new born. If you don't have your own then do what I do :). My friend has a 5 month old girl, Avi. I must have held her for five minutes while the parents where getting out of the car and we were entering the restaurant. She started smiling in such an infectious way and just like that, when I was holding her, it melted me completely. And she has started developing a grip and she kept squeezing my fingers so hard that I just forgot about my worries…


Found this written somewhere about relationships and I thought I will just quote it here:

"...Now, I just go with the flow, am like a leaf on the river— following the current wherever it leads me...Somehow, there goes another leaf...The tide is somehow kind enough to let us bump into each other even when the other leaf already has its own leaf firmly stuck to it...so I move on"

No comments: