Wednesday, July 12, 2006

allofmp3

All of MP3

This is the site I have been using for about a year for downloading legal mp3s. It was recommended to me and I have been hooked. This site is a pay site and a legal way of downloading mp3s. The site is run out of Russia where they have local contracts with the Russian offices of the big music labels.

I uploaded 10$s in my account using my local Citibank Visa credit card. No fraud has happened, no overcharging, the deductions for the songs I have downloaded have been very fair and accurate. No complaints till now.

The site charges about 2 cents per MB of download. So for a 5 minute song it will cost you about 9-10 cents => 4 to 5 Rupees. This is if you encode the mp3 at 128kbps. Higher encoding bit rates (all the way up to 320kbps) are available and since that increases the file size the cost of the song also goes up...

Their collection is huge. They almost always have all the latest album releases in all genres including soundtracks, western classical etc etc. And the best part is it is legal. They allow you to sample the first 90 seconds of all their songs...

A full album assuming it is 80 minutes (not many are, btw, but just taking a max of what will fit on an audio cd) through this website will cost you about 1.5$s at 128kbs. 60-65 bucks, not bad, right!. At 192kbps the full 80 minute album will cost you a little more than 2$s, say 100Rs...

I have been using it mainly to replace songs that I have lost over the years. You can also use it to find songs that you heard somewhere and keep nagging you but never found it anywhere. The site is also good if you want only a few songs and don't really care for the rest of the album. Another example, :) I heard a couple of good tunes in a movie Hotel Rwanda, I searched the movie on their site sampled the album, found out which ones they were and just added them to my basket. Download rates (speed) are pretty good (4-5MB will take a little more than a minute)...


No comments: