Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Further Farther

Sitting in one of my favorite (not!) meeting, the "operations staff", someone remarked "We are farther ahead today." Immediately my mind digressed, that happens a lot when I am in this meeting by the way, but I digress again now ;-)
Anyway, I started thinking about the movie "Finding Forrester". In that movie a very snobbish English professor passes a snide remark at a student saying "Perhaps your skills do extend a bit farther than basketball." This kid is pretty smart and takes up the professor’s challenge.
He says, "Further. You said my skills extend 'farther' than the basketball court. 'Farther' relates to distance. 'Further' is a definition of degree. You should have said 'further'.

Anyway a very cool scene that one, but by the time I thought all this, only about 15 seconds had passed instead of the 15 minutes I had hoped for ;)

No comments: