Monday, March 12, 2007

Vishal

Here is a picture of my friend Vishal (bee-sh-aal). His dad is a guard in my building. We started to get to know each other one day when I had popped into my apartment for a couple of minutes to quickly pick up something. I had left the door open and suddenly as I turn back I see him standing right behind me. He asks me 'kya kar raha hai?', 'darwaja kyon khula hai?' He knew me so I told him that I was about to leave again to which he replied 'bahar ja raha hai!'.

These days we have become good friends. He likes to chew 'Happy Dent' :) and helps me almost on a daily basis to take my stuff out from the car when I get back from work. Over multiple visits he now knows how to operate my TV. Couple of days back we both sat and watched about 15 minutes of 'Takeshi's Castle' a comic game show on Pogo (the kids TV channel).
Slowly I have gotten to know more about him. I know that to get to his school I have to "pehle aaise jana, fir aaise, fir seedhe, fir aaise, fir seedhe." Now I only have to remember the accompanying hand gestures to figure out which turns were left and which were right! :D

No comments: