Friday, October 05, 2007

Animals are always so cute...

Someone I know, my friend, she had some owls nesting in her building. She tried to save them from the building people and the building society but one of owls just died right in front of her. Just a sad sad thing :(

That reminded me of a pup I had tried to save once many years ago. The pup totally drenched in Bombay rains was shivering away to no end. This was in the building I grew up in where we usually always had a host of stray dogs. I wrapped the pup up in one of those 'gunny' bags and gave it some food but it died in a few hours...
That reminded me of the days when I had an adopted dog, Rocket. Eventually we lost him...

Which brings me to one of the most touching of Calvin and Hobbes sequences, well if you are fond of animals. This is a sequence in which Calvin tries to save a racoon but the racoon dies. Hobbes is there to comfort Calvin and gives Calvin a 'tiger' hug but somewhere in the middle Hobbes observes, and I totally agree with this..."I think Animals are always so cute"...

No comments: