Saturday, April 02, 2011

Ek Udaan

Had missed this movie when it came (and subsequently disappeared as well) in the theaters but about two months back sat down with Ashwini to finally watch this. And I was blown away by the movie. Would rate it as must watch, cannot miss. I had read about this movie but my resolve to not miss it came when I heard Amit Trivedi and gang play a few songs in last year's Mood-I.


The story line is about this boy who is expelled from school and returns home to an extremely abusive father and an innocent younger half brother. The acting is really good, Ronit Roy as the tyrant father and Aayan as the younger half brother really do a good job. The music of this movie is such a high. The lyrics, music and the filming of the songs standout. The climax “run” of the movie with Aazaadiyan playing in the background leaves you at the edge of your seat. Another song ‘Naav’ also stands out with its lyrics and music.

No comments: